Professional Development Event
- Thank you to everyone who attended the UK’s main residential conference organised by and for teachers of children and young people with visual impairment, held in March 2015 at the Strathallan Hotel, Birmingham.
- Join us again in 2016 – the VIEW conference is provisionally booked for 10th and 11th March 2016. Reserve a place, by contacting Suzy at: .
VIEW 2015 conference
• Philippa Stobbs from National Children’s Bureau on implementation of the SEND reforms.
• Marek Karas from SeeAbility on eye examinations in special schools.
• Richard Bowman from Great Ormond Street Hospital on children with cerebral vision impairment.
• Richard Orme from Dolphin Computer Access on promoting inclusion through technology.
Plus a choice of seven workshops and lots of networking opportunities!
Presentations from the VIEW 2015 conference
A selection available to download in PowerPoint:
- The View from The Clinic – Rachel Pilling, Consultant Ophthalmologist, Bradford.
- Eye Examinations in Special Schools – Marek Karas, SeeAbility.
- Qualification reforms and disabled learners – Julie Swan, Associate Director Regulatory Policy and Vocational Qualification Policy, Ofqual.
- Into the Hands Of Learners– Richard Orme, Innovation Director @ Dolphin and Matthew Horspool, VI Resources Technician @ Exhall Grange Special School.