- VIEW is the professional membership association for QTVIs (Qualified Teachers of children and young people with vision impairment).
Membership is open to all professionals supporting children and young people with vision impairment, including LSAs, mobility and habilitation specialists, and trainee QTVIs.
Join online, or email with any questions.
Latest News – April 2016
- Keynote Speakers – Jenefer Sargant and Alison Salt, Consultant Paediatricians at Great Ormond Street. Presentations will also include Rachel Pilling – Vision 2020UK and The Bradford Box Educational Psychology, Multi sensory teacher Wendy Pallants – I Pad Apps, Speech and Language Therapist – Title TBC, Educational Psychologist Nicholas Bozic – Title TBC
Is your VIEW membership coming up for renewal soon? You can now pay for VIEW membership and #VIEW2017 conference fees at the same time. And if you book and confirm a conference place by 30 September, the cost of the conference will be the same as this year.
Recent consultation response
RNIB’s response for The Education Committee’s inquiry into the purpose and quality of education in England.
- RNIB Consultation response – The purpose and quality of education in England, 2016 (Word, 50MB)
- RNIB Consultation response – The purpose and quality of education in England, 2016(PDF, 133MB)
Invitations to take part in research
- Visit our Education research – Call for Participants page (members only)
Benefits of VIEW membership
- VIEW’s regular round-up of the latest news and events from the sector.
- Access to specialist resources to support your practice.
- Free access to the online Journal of Visual Impairment and Blindness.
- Discounted fee for VIEW’s Annual Conference.
- Invitations to networking opportunities and special interest groups.
- Private online VIEW members’ area.
- Discounts on RNIB products and courses.
- Continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities.
VIEW represents teachers of children with vision impairment on a range of committees and steering groups. Together, our collective membership has a powerful voice in safeguarding standards of provision, and raising the profile of our field.
Free Caseload Management Tool
VIEW/RNIB Caseload Management Tool (CMT) has been designed to support Vision Impairment Support Service managers to track data and give clear evidence of teacher/pupil ratios.
- VIEW/RNIB Caseload Management Tool Guidance (Word, 306KB)
- VIEW/RNIB Caseload Management Tool Spreadsheet (Excel, 33KB)
If you have any comments, questions, or need guidance on using the CMT, contact:
Join VIEW to update your knowledge – access back copies of the inclusive education publication “Curriculum Bitesize,” download advice and guidance documentation, and read articles and resources shared by VIEW members.
VIEW’s Frequently asked questions
For a low cost fee, you can sponsor a page on VIEW’s homepage or members’ area, and promote your organisation to our membership – contact
VIEW is a registered charity. Charity number 277864